Friday, October 24, 2008

My Soccer Hero - KAKA

This certain Brazilian midfielder puts all those "sexiest men alive" to shame. No seriously. All the Brad Pitts and George Clooneys of the world are no match for this 6 feet 1 inch pretty boy. Personal opinion.

You're probably thinking "Kaka? What a weird name". I have to admit I asked myself and a few others that very question when I first found out such a person existed (It's all thanks to Megan). To clarify things, his real name is Ricardo, Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite in full.
You have to agree that Ricardo is a nice name, in an Italian/Brazilian sort of way.


Kaka :





Pure talent :





He's the main reason why I find soccer matches so entertaining. Kaka is such a talented player and that's not all. He presents himself well both in and out of the field. Apparently, he's a devout Christian and a very nice person. If you notice, he never spits during a match! That takes a lot of self-control because I've heard spitting is so very tempting a habit.
Everytime he scores a goal, he points up to heaven, glorifying God. He's really an inspiration. Kaka is definitely someone worth watching on television. This year, Time Magazine listed him as one of the most influential people in the world; the only soccer player on the list.



Kaka and his 'I belong to Jesus' shirt :

Like Kaka, I belong to Jesus. Do you?




World Cup isn't for another two years, but that's okay. I will just have to wait ! When the time comes, I'll stand proud, waving the Brazilian flag, singing the Brazilian national anthem and painting my face green, yellow and blue. But for now, go AC Milan !


There you go, you've just learnt of yet another one of my many interests.
You might also come to the conclusion that I love soccer for all the wrong reasons. Hahah :)

3 comments:

The One & Only. said...

Yup! I do belong to Jesus! :P Haha.

Rachel Ooi said...

Abigail Ng!!!!!
I miss you soooooooo much!!!
When will I ever get to see uuuuuuu??????
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
hehe, oh yea. it's meano's birthday this monday... just so you know.... :)
Love you LOADS!

<3

Eugene Guok said...

Kaka's joinning Manchester City!!!
Wah..didnt know rachel ooi misses u so much..i can feel her pain of ur loss.. *Sniffs..