Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A fact

I have been back in Penang for nearly 3 weeks now. It has been great thus far.
A quick summary of what I have been up to :

  • Shopping - sales up to 70% discounts have made it all the better.
  • Catching up with friends; remembering the good old times when we would get into cat fights, hitting each other with headless barbie dolls.
  • Sleeping - a lot, but going to bed at very late hours. It's not healthy I keep telling myself, but what do I do? Sleep late.
  • Entertaining myself by reading New Moon + watching Korean dramas and Lost Season 4.
  • Church activities - camp, sleepover..
  • Going online.
  • Discovering I have a look alike.
  • Queensbay/ Gurney Plaza.
  • Enjoying food I haven't tasted for a year.
It just struck me that around the same time last year, my family and I were in Brisbane unpacking and trying to settle down in that, at the time, foreign place. It was a hard and difficult time for all of us and it was God who helped us through that stormy phase. The fact of the matter is time flies. It has already been a year. And soon, due to the fact that time flies, I would be back in Brisbane, in that constricted space surrounded by four walls called my home. But I won't complain; I miss home.

I still have Christmas and Chinese New Year to look forward to before I head for home. Speaking of which, Christmas is in 8 days!!!!

No comments: