Friday, September 26, 2008

Miley Ng

What would I do without Miley? I would probably go insane is what.

Growing up with dogs my whole life, I'm just not used to not having a dog around. Which was why we decided to get a dog. We drove all the way to Towoomba, about two hours away from our place to take a look at the "Finnigan Farm Pups". There were three puppies for sale and we picked from among the lot a certain pup with a black patch on one eye. There was something about her that caught my attention. I took a single glance at Miley and immediately knew I found what I was looking for. It was love at first sight.

Miley, the Finnigan Farm Puppy:


We bought her, put her in a box and took her home along with her pink bed and some toys.
There was an intense debate of what name to give our new puppy. Aberlyn insisted on calling her Miley, simply because she's a fan of Miley Cyrus. Somehow, everyone agreed to that. Maybe because we were all ready to give up anyway.

Miley grew to be an intelligent little dog. She learnt tricks in no time.
She loves playing fetch.
She has a favourite toy, as adourable as that sounds.
She hates water and hates the warm blasts of air coming out of hairdryers even more.
She dreams at night. I know because she makes funny noises while sleeping. I'm guessing it's sleep-talking, in whatever language she speaks.

Miley taking a bath. She's so tiny, the sink is her bathtub.


A few days ago, Miley went for desexing. A needle, two stitches and she took it like a man.
She has to wear this orange cone-shaped thing around her neck to prevent her from licking her wounds. With that thing around her neck, all she can lick are her two hind legs.



So here's to Miley, the best dog an owner could ever wish for.

No comments: